What is Innersearch?
Here is your opportunity to travel with the satguru and his monks on their periodic journeys for personalized instruction in The Master Course. Twenty-four Innersearch travel-study programs have been held since 1967, taking hundreds of seekers to India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tahiti, Hawaii, Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, Russia, Switzerland, the Caribbean, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand and dozens of other regions. You can be sure that Innersearch is not your typical vacation but a travel experience that combines the mystical path of Indian spirituality with a superlative retreat from your day-to-day routine.
Each voyage is a pilgrimage to the divine and spectacular inside of you. The all-pervading beauty, color and grandeur of the outer voyage is but a reflection of the bliss and richness of the inner voyage as we delve the within together. A typical day includes morning classes exploring the esoterics of meditation and discussing how to live a spiritually dynamic life in a modern world. There are hatha yoga and meditation classes, question-and-answer sessions, instruction in Shum, Gurudeva's language of meditation, and lots of time for informal sharing with Bodhinatha and the swamis. Some of the most enriching moments are when we meet with Hindu communities, often joining in grand celebrations as they welcome us to the temples they have erected around the world.
History of Innersearch
The 1967 Actinic's World Tour was Himalayan Acadamy's first-ever Innersearch. Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, affectionately known as Gurudeva, lead a group of spiritual aspirants to Europe and North Africa, writing his Yoga Letters along the way and holding a Yoga Conference in Holland.
Since then 20 Innersearch travel-study programs have been held. Here is the complete list of Innersearches:
- 1967 June 6 - Sept. 15: Actinic’s World Tour
- 1968 July 1 – August: Ascona, Switzerland
- 1968 Dec: Hawaii
- 1969 July 14 - August 12: Switzerland
- 1969 Oct. 25 - Dec. 28: Indian Odyssey
- 1970 Nov. 1 - Nov. 30: Tahiti/Ceylon
- 1970 July - August: Switzerland
- 1970 Dec: Maui, Oahu, Kauai - Hawai
- 1971 Dec: Hawaii
- 1972 Feb. 20 - April 16: Indian Odyssey
- 1973: Kauai & Big Island - Hawaii
- 1974 Feb: Big Island & Kauai - Hawaii
- 1981 Jan. 5 - Feb. 8: Indian Odyssey
- 1983 Jan. 1 - Feb. 20: Indian Odyssey
- 1990 Dec. 1990 - Jan. 1991: Indian Odyssey
- 1999 June 18 - June 25: Alaska
- 2000 March 25 - April 5: Caribbean
- 2001 Aug 10 - Aug 22: Northern Europe & Russia
- 2002 July 17 - July 23: Kauai - Hawaii
- 2004 Jan 18 - Feb 6:Indian Odyssey - Malaysia and South India
- 2006 Jan 6 - 20:Australia - New Zealand
- 2008 Jan 15 - Feb 4: Asian Odyssey - Cambodia, Malaysia & South India
- 2010 June 12 - June 21: Kauai - Hawaii
- 2014 July 02 - July 14: Mauritius
- 2018 Feb 18 - March 3: Sri Lanka